Post Care Instructions: Nano Peel
It is recommended to discontinue the use of any topical retinol/ Retin-A 7 days prior to treatment.
What to expect post treatment:
- The treated area will feel hot and sensitive immediately after treatment lasting into the next day.
- The treated area can be very red for 1-3 days and some dark waffle marks may appear on the surface of areas treated.
- You may experience a sensation of tightness and itching that can last from 1-7 days.
- The skin in the treated area will begin to get flaky and peel 2 days post treatment. These symptoms can last up to 7 days.
How to care for the areas after treatment:
- Epidermal repair will be applied directly after treatment.
- Continual application whenever the skin feels tight and itchy is recommended.
- Application of cream can sting for the first day. This sensation will usually subside by the second day.
- Cooling the area throughout the first day with ice packs is recommended.
- Once skin begins to flake, you can gently massage skin with a damp cloth in the shower when the skin is moist.
- It is not recommended to force flakes off by peeling or picking. They will release themselves over the next 3-7 days.
- The dry flaking of the skin will often worsen after day 2-3 and will lessen as the week goes on.
- Regular cleansing of the skin and regimen can commence 1 week post treatment.
- Makeup can be worn 2-3 days after treatment.
- Loose minerals are recommended to be mixed into epidermal repair to help minimize redness and inflammation.