Pre and Post Care Instructions - Microneedling RF
Before your treatment:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of treatment
- excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be clean shaved.
- No sun tanning 4 weeks prior to treatment such as sun exposure, tanning beds, etc.
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) a few days before and after treatment. Products containing: tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.
- Notify clinic with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
After your treatment:
- Wait at least 4 hours before washing face or applying soap, cream or makeup to the treatment area.
- Use gentle cleanser after your treatment and moisturize skin frequently to alleviate dryness.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen to prevent further sun damage.
- Avoid heat - hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days.
- Avoid skin irritants a few days before treatment. Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/ ascorbic acid, astringents, etc.
- Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and resolve with time. More aggressive treatments or use of irritants in the days prior to or after treatment can lead to longer downtime.
- You can take antihistamines such as Claritin, Reactine, Arius, Benadryl, etc. to alleviate swelling.
- Multiple treatments are required.
- Notify clinic of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office at (905)-336-9624.