Post Care Instructions after elective procedure
- Do not remove the bandage or dressing for 24 hours post procedure.
- After 24 hours, remove the dressing and soak gauze or a clean cloth with saline solution (saline is available at your local pharmacy or medical supply store). You can also make it at home: Boil 1 litre of water and add one tablespoon of salt, store in the refrigerator.
- Cover the wound with a moderate amount of Vaseline, Petroleum Jelly, Fucidin ointment or Polysporin ointment.
- Apply a new band aid or dressing and keep the wound area covered.
Continue twice daily for:
- 24 hours
- 1 week
- 2+ weeks
Depending on what your provider tells you.
Contact our office, your family doctor or go to your local Emergency room if you experience any of the following:
- Increased redness, swelling, pus, pain or warmth in or around the wound.
- Persistent bleeding
- Fever, chills or feeling unwell.